“THE truth hurts.”
This was the reaction of the Department of National Defense on China’s response to the Philippines’ three-part documentary on the South China Sea (West Philippine Sea).
“Ang alam niyo kasi masakit tanggapin ang katotohanan…Ang satin dun we hope na maintindihan nila kung ano ang katotohanan dun,” Defense spokesperson Dr. Peter Paul Galvez told reporters at Camp Aguinaldo.
China accused the Philippines of “creating the illusion of the victim” and spreading misinformation with the documentary.
The documentary “ignores the facts and confuses right and wrong,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said.
The first part of the documentary was released last June 12, while the second installment was released last week.
Galvez said the Philippines will continue to air the documentary despite China’s negative reception.
“It’s the truth. Everybody needs to know the truth,” he said.
China claims most parts of the maritime superhighway, and Philippines is one of the claimants. China has also made significant progress in its reclamation activities in the disputed seas in recent months.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
Copyright 2012 INQUIRER.net. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate: c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94