BEIJING–Beijing has nearly completed building a 3,000-meter (9,800-foot) airstrip on a reef in disputed waters in the South China Sea, where tensions are mounting with its neighbors, a US think-tankRead More China Defense Philippines South China Sea territorial dispute Vietnam West Philippine Sea
The Department of National Defense has repeated its call to China to stop its reclamation activities in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea).Read More China Department of National Defense DND Reclamation South China sea West Philippine Sea
With about a year before he bows out of Malacañang, President Benigno Aquino III scored the previous administrations once more during his keynote speech at the Philippine Air Force’s 68thRead More AFP modernization China Military Nation News Philippine Air Force West Philippine Sea
"THE truth hurts."Read More China Dr. Peter Paul Galvez Features Global Nation Spratly Islands West Philippine Sea
The Philippines has halted the repair of its airstrip in the disputed Spratly islands due to its pending suit at The Hague challenging China’s claim over the waters, a presidentialRead More Global Nation Herminio Coloma Pagasa Island South China Sea Spratlys territorial dispute United Nations West Philippine Sea
- IT WILL come as a big surprise for many that, in 1991, the 1734 Murillo Velarde map, now making front-page news, was offered with a starting bid of 10,000 German
- For a man who relies on favorable odds to remain in business, the fact that the “Mother of all Philippine maps” was auctioned off at Sotheby’s London on his mother’s
- CLARK AIR BASE, Philippines — The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) challenged China to prove its accusations that the Philippines and other claimant countries in the West Philippine Sea (South
- UPDATE: Gov’t confirms Chinese vessel drove away PH fishermen from Panatag Shoal Is it another case of harassment on the part of China? The government is not yet sure. “We
- SUBIC, Zambales—Filipino fishermen say a Chinese coast guard vessel drove them away from their traditional fishing ground off Zambales province, where satellite photographs show China is building military facilities. Deogenes
- China’s land reclamation in four of the Philippine-claimed atolls and reefs in the West Philippine Sea area of the South China Sea, estimated to have reached more than 60 hectares,
- Be careful out there. With none of its boats currently deployed to the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea), the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) has advised Filipino fishermen to “take
- Stop harassing Filipino fishermen.
- A prominent global security scholar has unmasked China’s "grand strategy" of gaining control of the Asia Pacific Region by "creeping expansion" rather than waging major battles.