Security experts believe China is pushing the region to the “brink of miscalculations” in the South China Sea with its expansive land reclamation in disputed territories as the Philippines anticipatesRead More China Jose Antonio Custodio South China Sea territorial disputes West Philippine Sea
China has maintained that it is not bullying small countries contrary to the claims of the Philippine government amid the maritime dispute at the West Philippine Sea.Read More big countries bullying China Hua Chunying Maritime Dispute reclamation small countries territorial dispute United States West Philippine Sea
In the face of Beijing’s expanding reclamation work in the West Philippine Sea, the Philippines’ best hope still lies in a United Nations arbitral committee hearing its complaint against China,Read More Beijing Chester Cabalza China Diplomacy National Defense College of the Philippines South China Sea United Nations West Philippine Sea
Japan approved its largest-ever defense budget for the next fiscal year on Wednesday, as hawkish Prime Minister Shinzo Abe looks to strengthen surveillance of territorial waters in the face ofRead More Asia tensions China China threat defense budget defense spending East China Sea Japan Japan budget Japan-China tensions Military regional tensions West Philippine Sea
The military has expressed alarm over the progress of China' reclamation activities in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea).Read More China Features Global Nation reclamation West Philippine Sea
- A prominent global security scholar has unmasked China’s "grand strategy" of gaining control of the Asia Pacific Region by "creeping expansion" rather than waging major battles.
- Despite China's assertions that it has "indisputable sovereignty" over the entire South China Sea, a maritime affairs expert maintained that historical facts tell otherwise.
- With a pencil, draw any form without thinking. Draw forms continuously one after the other right up or inside out. It doesn’t have to make sense. A puzzle is
- Palace lawyer Anne Marie Corominas knows exactly where to find every ancient map of the Philippines and Asia that she has collected more than 20 years in her Makati City
- President Benigno Aquino III ended his weeklong European trip on Saturday convinced that he had gathered enough support behind the Philippines’ call for a peaceful resolution of conflicts in the
- Panatag Shoal (Scarborough Shoal) has always been part of the Philippines that from the 1960s to the 1980s, Philippine and American planes used it as an impact range during joint
- The government will allot P1 billion from the Armed Forces of the Philippines' (AFP) modernization fund for the construction of a new naval operating base in this town, according to
- Fishermen in Masinloc town in Zambales province said the joint military exercises of Philippine and American troops at Naval Education Training Center here could provide them some respite from the
- Senate Majority Leader Alan Peter Cayetano hopes US President Barack Obama will categorically state that the United States will defend the Philippines if it is attacked by China over disputed