Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana’s long-planned visit to Pag-asa Island (Thitu Island) in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) on Friday was a big motivation for troops stationed there.Read More Delfin Lorenzana Lorenzana Marines morale boost motivation navy Pag-asa Island South China Sea Thitu Island troop West Philippine Sea
Malacañang on Sunday defended Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana’s high-profile visit to the Pag-asa Island in the West Philippine Sea, saying the trip was part of government efforts to improve theRead More China Delfin Lorenzana Kalayaan Lorenzana Pag-asa Island Pagasa Island South China Sea visit West Philippine Sea
Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana and the military’s top brass visited Pagasa (Thitu Island) in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) on Friday after being postponed several times.Read More Delfin Lorenzana Kalayaan Group of Islands news Pagasa South China sea Spratlys West Philippine Sea
Updated: 10:12 p.m., April 22, 2017 China has protested the visit by Manila’s defense and military chiefs to a Pag-Asa, or Thitu, Island, a disputed area in the South ChinaRead More China-Philippines relations Delfin Lorenzana Maritime Dispute Pag-asa Island South China Sea Spratly Islands Thitu Island West Philippine Sea
Chinese forces tried to drive away two Philippine planes carrying Manila's defense and military chiefs Friday near a Chinese man-made island.Read More China Delfin Lorenzana Eduardo Año Pag-asa Philippines South China Sea West Philippine Sea
- Kalayaan Atin Ito, a youth volunteer group, assailed Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV on Wednesday for allegedly not releasing information related to his backchannel negotiations with China on 2012 over Scarborough
- Former National Security Adviser Roilo Golez on Tuesday said that if China succeeds with converting Scarborough Shoal into a military facility, it would be a “clear and present danger to
- President Duterte on Thursday said he trusted China would not build anything on Panatag Shoal because he was given its “word of honor” and Beijing would not want to jeopardize
- China’s foreign ministry on Wednesday denied reports that China would begin preparatory work this year for an environmental monitoring station on disputed Panatag Shoal in the West Philippine Sea.
- Senator Sherwin Gatchalian, an administration ally, is urging President Rodrigo Duterte to rethink his “hands-off” approach on China’s reported incursions in Scarborough Shoal, saying the Philippines “should never be bullied
- The Philippines is closely watching activities in the South China Sea, particularly the Scarborough Shoal amid reports of China’s plan to build its first permanent structure in the disputed territory.
- The Philippine government has started preparing a “fairly strong” case against China in protest of its construction activities in the disputed South China Sea, Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II disclosed
- Senator Joseph Victor "JV" Ejercito on Tuesday urged the Philippine government to file a "strong diplomatic protest" against China's incursions and building activities in Scarborough Shoal and Benham Rise.
- President Duterte has sarcastically challenged Magdalo partylist Rep. Gary Alejano, a former military man, to "lead" in fighting global superpower China, following reports Alejano will further supplement his impeachment complaint