President Duterte called on Beijing to let Filipino fishermen enter the fishing grounds in the disputed West Philippine Sea after an international tribunal ruled in favor of the Philippines.Read More arbitration Association of Southeast Asian Nations bilateral negotiations China Defense Diplomacy Features Fidel V. Ramos fishermen Fishing fishing grounds Foreign affairs geopolitics Global Nation International relations Laos Maritime Defense maritime security nation National Defense national security Permanent Court of Arbitration Philippines Politics Security South China Sea Spratly Islands territorial disputes Territories The Hague UN-backed arbitration United Nations West Philippine Sea
THE PHILIPPINE Coast Guard (PCG) has completed a humanitarian mission to Pagasa Island in the disputed West Philippine Sea, delivering provisions to the Filipinos residing there.Read More Nation news Pagasa Island West Philippine Sea
President Duterte would not bring up the country’s territorial dispute with China before the Association of South East Asian Nations, saying he preferred to discuss the issue directly with theRead More ASEAN Association of Southeast Asian Nations bilateral agreement Bilateral talks Brunei China Defense Diplomacy exclusive economic zone Features Fidel V. Ramos Foreign affairs geopolitics Global Nation International Court International relations Malaysia Maritime Defense Maritime Dispute Maritime Disputes maritime security nation National Defense national security Permanent Court of Arbitration Philippines Politics Security South China Sea sovereignty special ambassador Spratly Islands Taiwan territorial disputes Territories The Hague UN UN-backed arbitration Unclos United Nations United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea Vietnam West Philippine Sea
The government is creating a West Philippine Sea Anti-Illegal Fishing Task Force mainly to address such activities off Zambales following complaints by local fishers, according to Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel F.Read More Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel F. Piñol Anti-Illegal Fishing Task Force Eduardo Gongona illegal fishing West Philippine Sea Zambales
Former President Fidel V. Ramos said Saturday he discussed with Chinese representatives the possibility of restoring “traditional fishing rights” in the disputed Scarborough Shoal (Panatag Shoal) and described the overallRead More Camp Aguinaldo Chito Sta. Romana Fidel V. Ramos FVR National Institute for South China Studies National People’s Congress Panatag Shoal President Ramos Rafael Alunan Scarborough Shoal South China Sea Special Envoy to China territorial dispute Wu Shicun
- Former President Fidel V. Ramos said Saturday he discussed with Chinese representatives the possibility of restoring “traditional fishing rights” in the disputed Scarborough Shoal (Panatag Shoal) and described the overall
- China’s Air Force sent bombers and fighter jets on “combat patrols” near contested islands in the South China Sea, in a move a senior colonel said was part of an
- The Philippines might have won its arbitrated case on disputed areas in the South China Sea but it has yet to ensure the safety of its fishermen, at least based
- MASINLOC, Zambales—Fisherman Mario Forones has been spending most of his time tending to his stall at the fish market here.
- Fishermen from this coastal town said they had been seeing a gray warship patrolling near the disputed Scarborough Shoal, and it had given them hope.
- The Philippine government said it was unaware that China flew one of its nuclear-capable bombers over the Scarborough Shoal last week.
- China flew its nuclear-capable bomber over the Scarborough Shoal a few days after the arbitration court issued its decision on the South China Sea dispute last week.
- EVEN with the Philippines’ international legal victory invalidating China’s claim to most of the South China Sea, Malacañang advised fisherfolk to “proceed with caution” when they venture out to the
- China may build mobile nuclear power plants in the South China Sea, state media reported on Friday, days after an international tribunal dismissed Beijing’s vast claims in the strategically vital