China’s blocking of Philippine ships bringing supplies to Filipino soldiers stationed at Ayungin Shoal (Second Thomas Shoal) was a deliberate move to “physically expel” the Philippines and its people fromRead More Ayungin Shoal Bernard Oxman China Philippine ships Philippines Second Thomas Shoal South China Sea UN Permanent Court of Arbitration West Philippine Sea
The Philippines on Wednesday accused China of depriving it of its fishing and exploration rights in its own waters by seizing Philippine territory in the heavily disputed South China Sea.Read More Abigail Valte exclusive economic zone EZZ Philippine Territory South China Sea territorial dispute The Hague United Nations Permanent Court of Arbitration West Philippine Sea
A former Singaporean official on Wednesday called for a diplomatic solution to the territorial dispute between China and the Philippines in the South China Sea.Read More China Features Global Nation West Philippine Sea
HONOLULU — Japanese Defense Minister Gen Nakatani is expressing his support for the US Navy’s sailing of a warship close to one of China’s artificial islands in the South ChinaRead More Defense dispute Japan Maritime South China Sea Territory US West Philippine Sea
THE group of Filipino officials representing the country in a case before the United Nations Arbitral Tribunal is now back in The Hague, Netherlands, for the first round of arguments,Read More China Features Global Nation West Philippine Sea
- The Philippines will stay on the “diplomatic track” despite warnings by security experts that the decision of a United Nations arbitral court to hear the country’s maritime complaint against China
- The international Arbitral Tribunal on Thursday decided on several issues in the maritime dispute case between China and the Philippines over the South China Sea (West Philippine Sea), majority of
- China's continued bullying of the Philippines over the maritime dispute in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) convinced the International Arbitral Tribunal to "hear the case in full," an
- Sixteen fishermen from this western Pangasinan town on Tuesday appealed to the United Nations to ask China to respect their rights over their traditional fishing grounds in the Scarborough Shoal
- The dispute over the strategic waterways of the South China Sea has intensified, pitting a rising China against its smaller and militarily weaker neighbors who all lay claim to a
- There is no evidence yet that China is reclaiming the Scarborough shoal in the West Philippine Sea (WPS), according to the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
- More oil containment booms, stretching up to 2 kilometers, have been seen floating in waters near the disputed Scarborough Shoal, a top provincial official said.
- Despite what turned out to be a wet and cold summer’s day in West London, a handful of Britain’s Filipino community leaders on Friday July24, came out to denounce “China’s
- Philippine presidents have come and gone since the maritime dispute over the South China Sea began as far back as the 1970s but it was only under President Benigno Aquino