A front-page photo in the Inquirer yesterday showed Indonesian President Joko Widodo standing beside a gun turret on the deck of an Indonesian Navy ship.Read More Indonesian Navy ship Indonesian President Joko Widodo Philippine Air Force Philippine Navy territorial disputes Villamor Air Base West Philippine Sea
President Aquino feted Thursday the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) for bringing “national honor” back to the Philippines in the face of China’s perceived aggression in the South China Sea.Read More Albert Del Rosario Features Global Nation West Philippine Sea
DAVAO CITY—“Are you with us or are you not with us?”Read More China Davao City Maritime Dispute president Rodrigo Duterte South China Sea territorial dispute United States US Ambassador Philip Goldberg West Philippine Sea
Two US aircraft carriers have started exercises in the Philippine Sea, defense officials said Sunday, as Washington's close ally Manila faces growing pressure from Beijing in the South China Sea.Read More China Defense Global Nation Philippines South China Sea territorial dispute US West Philippine Sea
TWO US supercarrier groups have started operations in the Philippine Sea, in what the Philippine government said was a demonstration of Washington’s “ironclad commitment” as the world awaits a rulingRead More Great Green Fleet nine-dash line Philippine government South China Sea United Nations tribunal US Navy aircraft carriers US Pacific Command US superforce West Philippine Sea
- The flag-planting of activists in Scarborough Shoal (Panatag Shoal) in the South China Sea is not likely to jeopardize the Philippines’ arbitration case against China, according to a US analyst.
- CHINA has called “an affront to its sovereignty” the recent attempt by 15 Filipino youth activists to plant a Philippine flag on Scarborough Shoal off the province of Zambales to
- A group of mostly Filipino protesters sailed to Philippine-claimed Scarborough Shoal (Panatag Shoal) in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) on Sunday, Independence Day, but Chinese vessels tried to
- Such facilities equip China in fulfilling its international obligations, state media reports.
- A fisherman from this town has been reported missing near the Scarborough Shoal since Monday (May 23) after losing contact with other fishermen.
- Barely a week after he received the most votes in the May 9 presidential elections, “presumptive president-elect” Rodrigo Duterte accused Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV of committing treason in 2012 when
- Filipino fishermen venturing out to the Scarborough Shoal, a rich fishing ground some 200 kilometers from the coast of the province, are enjoying a respite from Chinese coast guard harassment,
- Presumptive President-elect Rodrigo Duterte said Senator Antonio Trillanes IV could have committed treason in his backchannel talks with Chinese officials over the West Philippine sea claims, as he reiterated someone
- Presumptive President Rodrigo Duterte could face an impeachment complaint if he insists even after he assumes office on June 30 that the Philippines had already lost its claim over Scarborough