One threat involves the seizure of territory from our homeland while the other involves the carving of a homeland out of our territory. These two divergent threats converged on the same day, March 19,Read More Ayungin Reef Burgos Reef (Gaven Reef) China’s reef reclamations conflicting territorial claims exclusive economic zone (EEZ) Kagitingan Reef (Fiery Cross Reef) Mabini Reef Mabini Reef (Johnson Reef) South China Sea territorial dispute West Philippine Sea
“Any treaty must undergo Senate oversight and approval," Senator Osmeña said.Read More Department of Foreign Affairs extended continental shelf (ECS) Sabah claim South China sea West Philippine Sea
Malacañang denied that the Philippines had offered to downgrade its Sabah claim in exchange for Malaysia's support for its case against China.Read More Abigail Valte charles jose China Department of Foreign Affairs Diplomacy executive department Foreign affairs Geopolitics Global Nation Herminio Coloma International Politics international relations Malacañang Malaysia note verbale Office of the President Philippine Government Philippines Politics Sabah South China sea Spratly Islands territorial claims Territorial dispute Territories VERA Files West Philippine Sea
MANILA, Philippines – Senators cautioned the Aquino administration on Monday about entering into any agreement with other countries that would affect the country’s territorial claims without seeking Congress’ approval. SenatorsRead More China Diplomacy Foreign affairs geopolitics Global Nation international politics International relations Malaysia Philippine Congress Philippines Politics Ralph Recto Sabah Senate Sergio Osmeña III South China Sea Spratly Islands territorial claims territorial dispute Territories West Philippine Sea
MANILA, Philippines—The Philippines has dismissed China’s criticism of its plan to repair military facilities in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea), saying it has sovereign rights over territories inRead More Charles Jose Department of Foreign Affairs South China Sea West PH Sea West Philippine Sea
- China’s land reclamation in four of the Philippine-claimed atolls and reefs in the West Philippine Sea area of the South China Sea, estimated to have reached more than 60 hectares,
- Be careful out there. With none of its boats currently deployed to the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea), the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) has advised Filipino fishermen to “take
- Stop harassing Filipino fishermen.
- A prominent global security scholar has unmasked China’s "grand strategy" of gaining control of the Asia Pacific Region by "creeping expansion" rather than waging major battles.
- Despite China's assertions that it has "indisputable sovereignty" over the entire South China Sea, a maritime affairs expert maintained that historical facts tell otherwise.
- With a pencil, draw any form without thinking. Draw forms continuously one after the other right up or inside out. It doesn’t have to make sense. A puzzle is
- Palace lawyer Anne Marie Corominas knows exactly where to find every ancient map of the Philippines and Asia that she has collected more than 20 years in her Makati City
- President Benigno Aquino III ended his weeklong European trip on Saturday convinced that he had gathered enough support behind the Philippines’ call for a peaceful resolution of conflicts in the
- Panatag Shoal (Scarborough Shoal) has always been part of the Philippines that from the 1960s to the 1980s, Philippine and American planes used it as an impact range during joint