BEIJING — China is building an airstrip on an artificially created island in a disputed section of the South China Sea, according to independent analysts, a move the US hasRead More airstrip China Maritime Dispute South China Sea territorial dispute West Philippine Sea
A militant group on Friday challenged the Chinese government to go to international tribunal if it has evidence to back its claim over the disputed islands in the West PhilippineRead More Bayan Muna Benigno Aquino III Carlos Zarate China Neri Colmenares nine-dash line West Philippine Sea
WASHINGTON, United States — US, Japanese and South Korean diplomats Thursday renewed concerns about moves by China to stake its claim to disputed seas and urged Beijing to preserve freedom of navigationRead More China Foreign affairs Foreign relations Japan maritime dispute South China sea South korea Territorial dispute US West Philippine Sea
MALACAÑANG on Thursday said the upcoming Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) Summit will likely touch on the issue of territorial disputes in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea).Read More ASEAN China Features Global Nation West Philippine Sea
The commander of U.S. forces in the Pacific said Wednesday that major land reclamation by China at outposts in the South China Sea could allow it to exert more influenceRead More China Military Russia South China sea US West Philippine Sea
- China’s land reclamation in four of the Philippine-claimed atolls and reefs in the West Philippine Sea area of the South China Sea, estimated to have reached more than 60 hectares,
- Be careful out there. With none of its boats currently deployed to the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea), the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) has advised Filipino fishermen to “take
- Stop harassing Filipino fishermen.
- A prominent global security scholar has unmasked China’s "grand strategy" of gaining control of the Asia Pacific Region by "creeping expansion" rather than waging major battles.
- Despite China's assertions that it has "indisputable sovereignty" over the entire South China Sea, a maritime affairs expert maintained that historical facts tell otherwise.
- With a pencil, draw any form without thinking. Draw forms continuously one after the other right up or inside out. It doesn’t have to make sense. A puzzle is
- Palace lawyer Anne Marie Corominas knows exactly where to find every ancient map of the Philippines and Asia that she has collected more than 20 years in her Makati City
- President Benigno Aquino III ended his weeklong European trip on Saturday convinced that he had gathered enough support behind the Philippines’ call for a peaceful resolution of conflicts in the
- Panatag Shoal (Scarborough Shoal) has always been part of the Philippines that from the 1960s to the 1980s, Philippine and American planes used it as an impact range during joint