It remains unlikely that China would ever agree to a code of conduct governing actions in the disputed South China Sea, even as having one would mean stability in theRead More China Code of Conduct Global Nation Philippine news updates West Philippine Sea
Security experts in Washington think it is unlikely that China would ever agree to a Code of Conduct among claimants in the South China Sea, such that having even justRead More arbitral ruling Benigno Aquino III Center for Strategic and International Studies China Code of Conduct Department of Foreign Affairs East Asian studies former presidents geopolitics John Hopkins University Marvin Ott Murray Hiebert National War College Perfecto Yasay Permanent Court of Arbitration Philippine president Philippines Rodrigo Duterte South China Sea Southeast Asia Southeast Asian Studies territorial disputes Territories The Hague UN-backed tribunal United States West Philippine Sea
Most Filipinos want their government to assert the country’s rights in the disputed South China Sea after an arbitration tribunal invalidated China’s vast territorial claims and ruled the Philippines canRead More China Sea dispute China-Philippines maritime dispute Panatag Shoal Pulse Asia Scarborough shoal West Philippine Sea dispute
The Philippine government is just looking for the right timing to assert its right on the West Philippine Sea, Presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella said.Read More China Ernesto Abella Philippines Rodrigo Duterte South China sea Territorial dispute West Philippine Sea
The Philippine government is not giving up our sovereign rights over the disputed territories in the West Philippine Sea, a Palace official said on Friday.Read More Beijing China Diplomacy dispute Ernesto Abella Foreign Policy Malacañang Maritime Dispute soft landing South China Sea Territory West Philippine Sea
- Most Filipinos want their government to assert the country’s rights in the disputed South China Sea after an arbitration tribunal invalidated China’s vast territorial claims and ruled the Philippines can
- SINGAPORE—The Philippines remains practically helpless in stopping Chinese militarization activities on disputed islands in the South China Sea, but is committed to a peaceful approach to the dispute, Foreign Secretary
- Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto Yasay Jr. said Friday that the Philippines would not take any steps against China in response to reports that it had apparently installed anti-aircraft and anti-missile
- China has made available firearms for Philippine state forces in an apparent move to further bolster its good relations with the Duterte administration amid the continuing territorial dispute between the
- Two Pangasinan fishermen, members of a crew that was reported missing last week, were found dead Saturday in the West Philippine Sea, a village official said Sunday.
- A look at recent developments in the South China Sea, where China is pitted against smaller neighbors in multiple disputes over islands, coral reefs and lagoons in waters crucial for
- The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) thanked its Chinese counterparts for taking care of two Filipino fishermen who were rescued near the disputed Scarborough Shoal after their fishing boat capsized.
- The Philippine Coast Guard says its Chinese counterpart has rescued two Filipino fishermen in bad weather in a disputed shoal in a show of how once-frosty relations have improved after
- Philippine coast guard officials say they've launched a search for five Filipinos who failed to return after fishing in the disputed Scarborough Shoal in bad weather off the country's northwest.