Groups opposing US presence in the country lauded on Thursday President Rodrigo Duterte’s decision to skip or possibly scrap the war games.Read More Bagong Alyansang Makabayan Bayan China independent foreign policy P1NAS PH-US war games Pilipinong Nagkakaisa Para sa Soberanya President Rodrigo Duterte US West Philippine Sea
He did not mean that there would be no more war games at all with the United States. This was the stance of President Duterte’s trusted men when asked to clarifyRead More Balikatan China Features Hermogenes Esperon Jr. Perfecto Yasay Jr. Philbex Rodrigo Duterte South China Sea US military US-PH relations West Philippine Sea
MANILA — “Unfortunate.” This was former foreign affairs secretary Albert del Rosario’s assessment of the policy direction being pursued by the Duterte administration, as the think-tank named after him claimedRead More Albert Del Rosario arbitral tribunal arbitration business China Department of Foreign Affairs Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) DFA Dindo Manhit Diplomacy Duterte administration Economy Europe export markets Features Finance Foreign affairs foreign direct investments Foreign Policy former foreign affairs secretary former government officials geopolitics Global Nation independent foreign policy International relations International Trade nation Permanent Court of Arbitration Philippine president Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte Philippines Politics President Rodrigo Duterte Rodrigo Duterte security alliance security allies South China Sea Spratly Islands Stratbase-ADR Institute for Strategic and International Studies territorial disputes Territories The Hague UN UN-back arbitration United Nations United States US West Philippine Sea
The Philippine government would use a “very quiet diplomatic way” to address our maritime dispute with China amid reports that Filipino fishermen were harassed by Chinese Coast Guard, a CabinetRead More China diplomatic way Features harassment Maritime Dispute Panatag Shoal Philippines Rodrigo Duterte Scarborough Shoal
Filipino fishermen were reportedly harassed by Chinese Coast Guard in Scarborough Shoal early this month.Read More Chinese coast guard Chinese Coast Guard vessels Chinese personnel National Security Council-Task Force West Philippine Sea Philippine Coast Guard Scarborough Shoal
- The Philippine government would use a “very quiet diplomatic way” to address our maritime dispute with China amid reports that Filipino fishermen were harassed by Chinese Coast Guard, a Cabinet
- Filipino fishermen were reportedly harassed by Chinese Coast Guard in Scarborough Shoal early this month.
- BEIJING—China’s next big target for construction of an artificial island in the South China Sea has long been assumed to be a cluster of rocks poking above sapphire waters near
- PUERTO PRINCESA CITY—As the Philippine and Chinese governments fight for control over territories in the South China Sea, the sustainability of the waterway’s rich marine resources has become the silent
- Fishermen from this town have confirmed the presence of new Chinese vessels at the disputed Scarborough Shoal, after venturing into South China Sea waters outside their traditional fishing ground off
- Leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and China have agreed to step up measures to stop military tensions in the disputed waters of South China Sea through
- Beijing came under pressure at an Asian summit Wednesday over its "illegal" island-building in the South China Sea, after the Philippines produced photos it said showed fresh construction activity at
- Beijing came under pressure at an Asian summit Wednesday over its “illegal” island building in the South China Sea, after the Philippines produced evidence it said showed fresh construction activity at a
- The Philippines has released photos to back its claims that China had secretly begun work to cement control over a crucial shoal in the hotly contested South China Sea.