Seven Vietnamese fishermen have been arrested for illegal fishing off Ilocos Norte facing the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea).Read More Fishermen South China sea Territorial dispute West Philippine Sea
The reported deployment of United States warships in South China Sea seemed to have left Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin unfazed. “They have always been doing that in the first place.Read More artificial islands China Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin freedom of navigation International Law reclamation rule of law South China Sea Spratlys Territory United States US US Defense Secretary Ash Carter warships West Philippine Sea
Beijing expressed “serious concern” on Thursday about a reported US plan to challenge China’s South China Sea territorial claims by sailing a Navy ship near one of its newly builtRead More Features Global Nation South China Sea US Navy West Philippine Sea
A NONGOVERNMENT organization led by former National Security Adviser Roilo Golez on Wednesday filed a letter-complaint in the United Nations (UN) and United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) against China’s reclamationRead More China reclamation Features Global Nation West Philippine Sea
Only 19 fishermen from Pangasinan remained missing in the West Philippine Sea after a series of rescue operations on Monday by government personnel and volunteers, a provincial government official said.Read More boat Fishermen Kabayan missing Pangasinan rescue Search West Philippine Sea
- Sixteen fishermen from this western Pangasinan town on Tuesday appealed to the United Nations to ask China to respect their rights over their traditional fishing grounds in the Scarborough Shoal
- The dispute over the strategic waterways of the South China Sea has intensified, pitting a rising China against its smaller and militarily weaker neighbors who all lay claim to a
- There is no evidence yet that China is reclaiming the Scarborough shoal in the West Philippine Sea (WPS), according to the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
- More oil containment booms, stretching up to 2 kilometers, have been seen floating in waters near the disputed Scarborough Shoal, a top provincial official said.
- Despite what turned out to be a wet and cold summer’s day in West London, a handful of Britain’s Filipino community leaders on Friday July24, came out to denounce “China’s
- Philippine presidents have come and gone since the maritime dispute over the South China Sea began as far back as the 1970s but it was only under President Benigno Aquino
- China said that it was the victim in the maritime dispute over the West Philippine Sea and that it would never accept any decision by the United Nations (UN) arbitral
- MANILA, Philippines – Google has quietly removed the Chinese name for a South China Sea shoal bitterly disputed by Beijing and Manila from its maps service, following an outcry from
- IT WILL come as a big surprise for many that, in 1991, the 1734 Murillo Velarde map, now making front-page news, was offered with a starting bid of 10,000 German