Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto Yasay Jr. clarified on Saturday that his statements regarding China’s militarization of the South China Sea did not cause the Chinese minister for commerce to cancelRead More China-Philippines relations Gao Hucheng Perfecto Yasay Jr. South China Sea West Philippine Sea
The Philippine government continues to be aware of China’s continued building of structures in the South China Sea, which National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon said could be turned into militaryRead More China-Philippines relations Hermogenes Esperon Maritime Dispute South China Sea West Philippine Sea
President Rodrigo Duterte on Friday said China “misunderstood” the remarks of foreign affairs secretary Perfecto Yasay Jr. regarding the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) dispute.Read More misunderstanding Perfecto Yasay Rodrigo Duterte South China Sea territorial dispute UN arbitral ruling West Philippine Sea
It remains to be seen whether China will cooperate fully in ongoing efforts to craft a legally binding pact designed to prevent aggressive behavior in the disputed South China Sea,Read More ASEAN Association of Southeast Asian Nations Code of Conducts Institute for Maritime Affairs and Law of the Sea Jay Batongbacal Perfecto Yasay Jr. Rodrigo Duterte South China Sea West Philippine Sea
Foreign Secretary Perfecto Yasay Jr. expressed doubt on Wednesday that a maritime dispute with China in the South China Sea could be resolved “during our lifetime,” so it was betterRead More Commission on Appointments Department of Foreign Affairs DFA Maritime Dispute Perfecto Yasay Jr. Rodrigo Duterte South China Sea West Philippine Sea
- Most Filipinos want their government to assert the country’s rights in the disputed South China Sea after an arbitration tribunal invalidated China’s vast territorial claims and ruled the Philippines can
- SINGAPORE—The Philippines remains practically helpless in stopping Chinese militarization activities on disputed islands in the South China Sea, but is committed to a peaceful approach to the dispute, Foreign Secretary
- Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto Yasay Jr. said Friday that the Philippines would not take any steps against China in response to reports that it had apparently installed anti-aircraft and anti-missile
- China has made available firearms for Philippine state forces in an apparent move to further bolster its good relations with the Duterte administration amid the continuing territorial dispute between the
- Two Pangasinan fishermen, members of a crew that was reported missing last week, were found dead Saturday in the West Philippine Sea, a village official said Sunday.
- A look at recent developments in the South China Sea, where China is pitted against smaller neighbors in multiple disputes over islands, coral reefs and lagoons in waters crucial for
- The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) thanked its Chinese counterparts for taking care of two Filipino fishermen who were rescued near the disputed Scarborough Shoal after their fishing boat capsized.
- The Philippine Coast Guard says its Chinese counterpart has rescued two Filipino fishermen in bad weather in a disputed shoal in a show of how once-frosty relations have improved after
- Philippine coast guard officials say they've launched a search for five Filipinos who failed to return after fishing in the disputed Scarborough Shoal in bad weather off the country's northwest.