HANOI, Vietnam–UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called Friday for a peaceful solution to territorial disputes in the South China Sea (West Philippine Sea), where China’s increased assertiveness has alarmed its smaller neighbors. BanRead More Ban Ki-moon China peaceful resolution Philippines South China Sea territorial dispute Truong Tan Sang UN United Nations Vietnam West Philippine Sea
The tense radio exchange between a US spy plane and the Chinese Navy in the Spratlys on Wednesday underscores the tension caused by China’s land reclamation in the South ChinaRead More Chinese Navy EDCA Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement Herminio Coloma South China Sea Spratlys US Spy Plane West Philippine Sea
Following continued reports of China’s aggressive reclamation over the contested West Philippine Sea, Malacañang on Friday maintained that diplomatic arbitration remains to be the country’s best approach in dealing withRead More ASEAN Malacañang sea dispute South China Sea UN West Philippine Sea
The US Navy has released videos of its recent flight operations over the disputed West Philippine Sea (South China Sea), which exposed China's aggressive expansion in the region.Read More China South China Sea territorial dispute United States US Navy West Philippine Sea
WASHINGTON–US surveillance aircraft and naval ships have yet to test China’s territorial claims around artificial islands built in the South China Sea (West Philippine Sea), but the Pentagon warned Thursday that couldRead More China Pentagon reclamation South China Sea sovereignty territorial dispute United States West Philippine Sea
- CLARK AIR BASE, Philippines — The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) challenged China to prove its accusations that the Philippines and other claimant countries in the West Philippine Sea (South
- UPDATE: Gov’t confirms Chinese vessel drove away PH fishermen from Panatag Shoal Is it another case of harassment on the part of China? The government is not yet sure. “We
- SUBIC, Zambales—Filipino fishermen say a Chinese coast guard vessel drove them away from their traditional fishing ground off Zambales province, where satellite photographs show China is building military facilities. Deogenes
- China’s land reclamation in four of the Philippine-claimed atolls and reefs in the West Philippine Sea area of the South China Sea, estimated to have reached more than 60 hectares,
- Be careful out there. With none of its boats currently deployed to the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea), the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) has advised Filipino fishermen to “take
- Stop harassing Filipino fishermen.
- A prominent global security scholar has unmasked China’s "grand strategy" of gaining control of the Asia Pacific Region by "creeping expansion" rather than waging major battles.
- Despite China's assertions that it has "indisputable sovereignty" over the entire South China Sea, a maritime affairs expert maintained that historical facts tell otherwise.
- With a pencil, draw any form without thinking. Draw forms continuously one after the other right up or inside out. It doesn’t have to make sense. A puzzle is