It remains to be seen whether China will cooperate fully in ongoing efforts to craft a legally binding pact designed to prevent aggressive behavior in the disputed South China Sea,Read More ASEAN Association of Southeast Asian Nations Code of Conducts Institute for Maritime Affairs and Law of the Sea Jay Batongbacal Perfecto Yasay Jr. Rodrigo Duterte South China Sea West Philippine Sea
Foreign Secretary Perfecto Yasay Jr. expressed doubt on Wednesday that a maritime dispute with China in the South China Sea could be resolved “during our lifetime,” so it was betterRead More Commission on Appointments Department of Foreign Affairs DFA Maritime Dispute Perfecto Yasay Jr. Rodrigo Duterte South China Sea West Philippine Sea
Foreign affairs Secretary Perfecto Yasay Jr. admitted on Wednesday that the country’s territorial disputes with China may not be resolved anytime soon or even during “our lifetime.”Read More Commission on Appointments Department of Foreign Affairs Perfecto Yasay Jr. Rodrigo Duterte South China Sea West Philippine Sea
Foreign Ministers of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) have expressed grave concern over the continued militarization in the disputed South China Sea. “A number of ministers expressedRead More arbitration ASEAN Association of Southeast Asian Nations China Code of Conduct on the South China Sea Declaration of Conduct Defense Diplomacy Foreign affairs Foreign Ministers Retreat geopolitics International relations Maritime Defense maritime security militarization Netherlanbds Perfecto Yasay Jr. Permanent Court of Arbitration Philippines Politics reclamation activities Security South China Sea Spratly Islands territorial disputes Territories The Hague UN-backed arbitral tribunal United Nations United States USS Carl Vinson Vietnam West Philippine Sea
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) is fully committed to come up with a Code of Conduct on the South China Sea (COC) more than 14 years after theRead More ASEAN Association of Southeast Asian Nations Charles Jose China Code of Conduct on the South China Sea Declaration of Conduct on the South China Sea Department of Foreign Affairs Diplomacy Enrique Manalo Foreign affairs geopolitics International relations Perfecto Yasay Philippine government Philippines South China Sea territorial disputes Territories West Philippine Sea
- Most Filipinos want their government to assert the country’s rights in the disputed South China Sea after an arbitration tribunal invalidated China’s vast territorial claims and ruled the Philippines can
- SINGAPORE—The Philippines remains practically helpless in stopping Chinese militarization activities on disputed islands in the South China Sea, but is committed to a peaceful approach to the dispute, Foreign Secretary
- Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto Yasay Jr. said Friday that the Philippines would not take any steps against China in response to reports that it had apparently installed anti-aircraft and anti-missile
- China has made available firearms for Philippine state forces in an apparent move to further bolster its good relations with the Duterte administration amid the continuing territorial dispute between the
- Two Pangasinan fishermen, members of a crew that was reported missing last week, were found dead Saturday in the West Philippine Sea, a village official said Sunday.
- A look at recent developments in the South China Sea, where China is pitted against smaller neighbors in multiple disputes over islands, coral reefs and lagoons in waters crucial for
- The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) thanked its Chinese counterparts for taking care of two Filipino fishermen who were rescued near the disputed Scarborough Shoal after their fishing boat capsized.
- The Philippine Coast Guard says its Chinese counterpart has rescued two Filipino fishermen in bad weather in a disputed shoal in a show of how once-frosty relations have improved after
- Philippine coast guard officials say they've launched a search for five Filipinos who failed to return after fishing in the disputed Scarborough Shoal in bad weather off the country's northwest.