Sen. Leila de Lima on Thursday called on President Duterte to be careful with his statements about unresolved disputes in the South China Sea, saying his recent remarks viewed asRead More De Lima Leila de Lima President Duterte Rodrigo Duterte sea row South China Sea West Philippine Sea
Now it can be told.Read More Filipino fishermen Kabayan Rep. Harry Roque Panatag Shoal Philippine news update Scarborough Shoal South China Sea
Now that the Duterte administration has started building stronger ties with China, should teachers revert to calling the contested waters South China Sea or remain referring to it as theRead More China colleges Commission on Higher Education education geopolitics history Patricia Licuanan Philippine president Philippines Politics Rodrigo Duterte South China Sea Spratly Islands territorial disputes Territories universities West Philippine Sea
Kabayan Rep. Harry Roque on Wednesday said President Rodrigo Duterte has convinced China to allow Filipino fishermen to fish in the disputed Scarborough Shoal.Read More China Duterte China visit fishing dispute Global Nation Harry Roque Philippine news update Scarborough Shoal South China Sea dispute
DAGUPAN CITY—Fishermen from Pangasinan province were happy President Duterte discussed the Scarborough Shoal issue with his Chinese hosts during his state visit last week, but said that access to theRead More China Filipino fishermen Global Nation Philippine news update Scarborough Shoal South China Sea
- Now it can be told.
- DAGUPAN CITY—Fishermen from Pangasinan province were happy President Duterte discussed the Scarborough Shoal issue with his Chinese hosts during his state visit last week, but said that access to the
- President Rodrigo Duterte has “weakened” the country’s claim over the West Philippine Sea when he asked permission from China to allow Filipino fishermen to go back to Scarborough Shoal, former
- Security analysts expect China to continue building its “great wall” in the South China Sea despite the Philippines’ friendliness under President Duterte and Chinese talk of giving Filipino fishermen conditional
- President Rodrigo Duterte on Sunday said he discussed Scarborough Shoal with Chinese leaders during his four-day trip to Beijing last week, and expressed hope that Filipino fishermen would be able
- President Rodrigo Duterte on Sunday said Filipinos might soon exercise fishing rights again in the disputed Scarborough Shoal after his meeting with Chinese authorities.
- Local fishermen who frequent the disputed Scarborough Shoal said President Duterte should not let China set the conditions for granting Filipinos access to their traditional fishing ground.
- The Philippines and China will sign at least eight government-to-government deals on Thursday.
- A visit by the Philippine Navy to the disputed Scarborough Shoal or Bajo de Masinloc in Zambales in September showed no reclamation activities in the area, a defense official told