Close  
Article Index | Latest Stories | Today's Inquirer | Hot Reads


Get more from the Inquirer! Subscribe now.
Download INQ Digital Edition

NEWS

Año to LGUs: Declare Reds persona non grata

Interior Secretary Eduardo Año has asked local officials around the country to declare the CPP-NPA as persona non grata.

Posted: July 5th, 2019 in Editors' Picks,Regions | Read More »

Duterte admin asked to heed SC order protecting PH reefs

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte and other government officials must enforce the Supreme Court’s writ of kalikasan order directing them to protect and rehabilitate the marine environment in the West Philippine Sea (WPS), former Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario said on Saturday.

Posted: May 5th, 2019 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Latest News Stories,Nation,Nation | Read More »

Comelec: Daraga too hot for comfort; Duterte raises bounty by P20M

President Duterte has recommended to the Commission on Elections (Comelec) to put the town of Daraga in Albay province under its control, after the assassination last week of Ako Bicol Rep. Rodel Batocabe.

Posted: December 28th, 2018 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Latest News Stories,Nation,Nation | Read More »

PNP files charges vs Garin, dad for beating up Iloilo policeman

The Philippine National Police on Thursday filed criminal and administrative charges in the Office of the Ombudsman’s Iloilo field office against Iloilo Rep. Oscar Garin Jr. and his father, Guimbal Mayor Oscar Garin Sr., and two unidentified bodyguards for beating up a police officer.

Posted: December 28th, 2018 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Latest News Stories,Nation,Nation | Read More »

Duterte order to deploy troops stumps Lacson

Sen. Panfilo Lacson on Sunday said Memorandum Order No. 32 (MO 32) was baffling, as President Duterte could deploy more troops to the provinces just by giving orders to the military.

Posted: November 26th, 2018 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Latest News Stories,Nation,Nation | Read More »

OPINION

BUSINESS

SPORTS

Casimero feels ready to be boxing’s newest headliner

John Riel Casimero has let his fists do a lot of talking. He’s letting his mouth take its turn. “From now on, I don’t want a small money fight,” Casimero, basking in the afterglow of his latest conquest, told reporters during an online edition of the Philippine Sportswriters Association on Tuesday. Casimero stopped a previously […]

Posted: September 30th, 2020 in Boxing,Headlines | Read More »

POC chief: PH won’t suffer sharp SEAG slide

Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) chief Abraham “Bambol’’ Tolentino is not only focused on the country’s participation in the 2021 Tokyo Games, but also its performance in the Southeast Asian Games, which will also be held next year. Tolentino, the Cavite eighth district representative, will work with fellow lawmakers to provide the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) […]

Posted: September 30th, 2020 in Headlines | Read More »

Still a no: PBA pops Abueva bubble

Calvin Abueva can go to the bubble, can practice with Phoenix in the bubble, but cannot watch any official PBA game live when the Philippine Cup restarts the league’s milestone 45th Season in a confined environment starting Oct. 11. Reports of the indefinite ban on the temperamental forward being lifted in time for the reopening […]

Posted: September 30th, 2020 in Basketball,Headlines,PBA | Read More »

Delegates make selves at home in bubble

The first batch of delegates making up the PBA’s restart arrived in batches at Quest Hotel in Mimosa on Monday, and all of them can’t wait for COVID-19 test results to come out so that they can play ball for the first time in what seems like an eternity, Players and coaching staff of Meralco, […]

Posted: September 29th, 2020 in Basketball,Headlines,PBA | Read More »

Bolts, KaTropa, three other squads enter bubble first

Sister teams Meralco and TNT, along with Phoenix, Magnolia and Terrafirma will be the first teams to enter the Philippine Basketball Association’s (PBA) competition bubble on Monday for its 45th Season reboot in two weeks at Clark Freeport Zone. “I was told the players are ready to go,” Commissioner Willie Marcial told the Inquirer in […]

Posted: September 28th, 2020 in Basketball,Headlines,PBA | Read More »

LIFESTYLE

ENTERTAINMENT

Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Follow us:


We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.

© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net